Applications open March 1st – May 1st
Empowering leaders for civil impact.
What is the Civility Leadership Institute?
The Civility Leadership Institute (CLI) convenes a diverse group of leaders from around the country for a year of training, learning, and crucial conversations. Participants gain deeper understanding from each other while discussing important topics impacting our world today. CLI cohort members will begin their year-long journey by attending the Civility Summit in Little Rock, AR on July 19-21, 2023. After that, the class will meet virtually once a month (schedule below). During each session, participants will work through an exciting curriculum, hear from dynamic nationally recognized speakers, and strengthen their relationships with each other.
CLI graduates will receive a professional certification in Crucial Learning™ Crucial Conversations and TypeCoach Influence Training and be invited to participate in enrichment programing. Upon program completion, members will be welcomed into the CLI Alumni network to continue building relationships with one another, celebrate progress and accomplishments, and host/attend special events.
Who should apply for CLI?
Anyone that feels that our program will help you make an impact in your community. We hope to have a diverse class in order to provide our participants with a unique and impactful experience. Renew America Together knows it is our differences that make our country stronger and making sure CLI cohorts reflect America is of the utmost importance. Through the application process we consider: professional fields, gender identity, education, political affiliation, ethnicity, geographic location, age, and more.
Our alumni members include community leaders, law enforcement, mayors, educators, business leaders, grassroots activists, congressional staffers, nonprofit executives, students, etc.
- Attend in-person Civility Summit in Little Rock July 19-21, 2023.
- Attend all virtual sessions taking place one day each month for five months with six months follow-up. (schedule dates below)
- Have access to Zoom.
- Participate in survey measurements during and after the program
Application & selection process:
- Complete application to the Civility Leadership Institute (CLI) before the May deadline.
- Participate in any additional follow up regarding the application (including scholarship questions).
- CLI Cohorts will consist of approximately 30 participants.
- The third cohort will be announced in June.
Investment per participant:
- $3,500 tuition (this includes hotel, food, and entry to Little Rock Civility Summit)
- Several full and partial scholarships available through the general online application.
- Payment is due upon acceptance into the program.
- Engage in the year-long Civility Leadership Institute program.
- Hear from and interact with nationally recognized speakers on a monthly basis.
- Recognize their communication, leadership, and influence styles as well as adapt to positively impact others.
- Acquire tools to help communicate with those who may not share their views.
- Learn how to engage in crucial conversations by creating mutual purpose and building mutual respect.
- Apply learnings to specific situations through project work.
- Co-create solutions to organizational and societal problems with fellow participants.
In-Person Civility Summit:
- CLI tuition includes hotel, most ground transportation, and meals during the Civility Summit.
- In-person curriculum based sessions.
- Networking meals/dinners with facilitators, staff, and alumni members.
- You will receive CLI materials and supplies such as curriculum workbooks, binders, book club literature, swag and more.
- Featured speakers and hands-on activities on topical issues.
Upon graduation participants will:
- Receive professional certificates of completion from: Crucial Conversations™, Verifier+, and Influence training by TypeCoach.
- Join the CLI Alumni network.
- Invitation to attend continuing monthly enrichment sessions with General Clark & other Renew America Together (RATO) featured speakers.
Session 1: July 19-21, 2023
Civility Summit in Little Rock, Arkansas
Session 2: August 18, 2023
9am – 4pm central
Session 3: September 15, 2023
9am – 4pm central
Session 4: October 20, 2023
Session 5: November 17, 2023
Session 6: December 15, 2023
January – June 2024 enrichment sessions with featured speakers will be held each third Friday of the month from 12:00pm- 1:30pm central.
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Renew America Together, 116 Ottenheimer Plaza, Little Rock, AR, 72201, https://www.renewamericatogether.org. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact